Small cells are discreet, fiber-connected antennas, usually located on existing structures like streetlights and utility poles. They work in conjunction with tower infrastructure to provide greater wireless coverage and capacity. We are the market leader in the US, with approximately 115,000 small cells on air or under contract. Since 2003, we’ve been installing small cells for indoor, outdoor and mixed-use areas, and we continue to work with commercial real estate companies, carriers and other partners to push small cell technology forward. Regardless of your need, our experts can help you find the right solution to meet your data demands for both today and tomorrow.
If you’re interested in learning more about how small cells work and why they’re needed, read Small Cells 101.
- Network reliability: By extending coverage and adding network density, small cells are well equipped to meet large data demands. They bring increased speed and reliability to targeted areas.
- Capacity for the future: Because they’re connected by high-capacity fiber, small cell networks provide capacity for growing data usage and can be quickly upgraded to support the latest technologies, helping keep communities ahead.
- Safety and security: Small cells help keep communities safe and secure by providing reliable connections to loved ones and emergency services. Our small cells are monitored around the clock, 365 days a year by our Network Operations Center, so your customers can count on your service being available when they need it most.
- Flexible usage: Since small cells are significantly smaller than other wireless infrastructure solutions, they’re ideal for adding connectivity in unique locations—especially indoors, where people live, work and play.
Types of small cell technology.
- Our technology is specifically built for indoor usage and high-capacity, mixed-use venues—including distributed antenna systems (DAS) and indoor small cells.
- We bring specific RF expertise that allows us to design and build indoor solutions.
- Adding capacity to wireless networks with high volumes of indoor and outdoor data consumption.
- Extending coverage into hard-to-reach areas, especially indoors.
- Commercial Real Estate, venues, and other hospitality companies that need to support connectivity throughout high capacity indoor spaces, while also preparing for smart building technology.
- Education institutions that need to ensure students, faculty and staff can access data and services anywhere on campus.
How we work with you.
For 30 years, we’ve been working with customers to implement communications infrastructure solutions. We’ll work closely with your business to understand your needs and design custom solutions for your unique priorities and challenges. We know the opportunities that a well-designed and maintained network can bring to your organization. That’s why we monitor your network around the clock through our state-of-the-art Network Operations Center. And as you continue to pursue new possibilities, we’ll be here ready to connect you to the technologies and innovations you need to stay ahead.
Let’s talk about your connectivity needs.
Your business is unique—and so are your connectivity needs. With an individualized approach, we’ll show you how our infrastructure solutions will serve you today and prepare you for tomorrow.
1 Ericsson, “Mobile Data Traffic Outlook,” 2019
2 S&P Global Market Intelligence, “Small Cell and Tower Projections through 2026,” 2016