For IoT companies, enabling this means making complex networks of devices communicate with each other and transmit data constantly. Your systems need to work seamlessly so end users can implement them easily and begin taking advantage of them immediately—without worrying about the quality of the data. As you consider what this new reality means for your business, our infrastructure can support the connectivity you need to stay ahead of the curve.
Meeting your toughest IoT challenges.
Whether you’re creating an NB (narrow-band), LTE-m (machine LTE), low-power wide area (LPWAN) or a proprietary IoT network, you need to connect hundreds to thousands of devices through remote sensors and other technology. These networks are improving safety, increasing efficiency, and making people’s lives easier—but they also come with several challenges that must addressed.
- Data capacity: The massive amount of data generated by IoT networks will need to be carried from transmission points on towers and small cells back to a central data hub to be processed. The nearly limitless speed and capacity of fiber make it an ideal backhaul solution. Cellular backhaul can also be used, either as a backup or in instances where fiber is not needed.
- Location: IoT technologies rely on networks of sensors and transmitters being centrally located in population centers. Our towers are distributed across the United States, with a range of heights and colocation space to easily accommodate your equipment needs.
- Flexibility: You need the ability to deploy quickly to wherever your customers are—whether that’s in a factory, along a shipping route or throughout a municipality. We can work with you to figure out which towers best meet your objectives, with flexible contracts that can accommodate an IoT business model. A substantial number of our sites are already equipped with power and backhaul that you can utilize to get your network up as quickly as possible.
- Complex platforms: Getting your sensors and transmitters connected is only half the battle. You’ll also need the ability to gather, transmit, and analyze massive amounts of data. Our dense metro fiber footprint supports best-in-class enterprise networks, which will then enable more complex platforms.
As the nation’s largest provider of shared communications infrastructure, we have comprehensive solutions that enable IoT networks in any environment—from in-building to outdoor, and everything in between.
small cells on air or under contract
route miles of fiber
New opportunity through connectivity.
We have infrastructure located throughout the largest markets in the US—providing critical support for IoT systems that can improve your business’s operations. We’ll work with you to find the right combination of infrastructure solutions, so you can deploy quickly and be ready for what’s next.
- Future-proof your network: We are at the forefront of new and emerging technologies like CBRS, edge computing, and small cell supported 5G networks. As IoT technology evolves, you can be sure that our infrastructure will be equipped to support your systems today—and into the future.
- Seamlessly integrate your systems: Our infrastructure integrates seamlessly with multiple providers—a preferred model for municipalities. This allows you to easily update equipment and tweak your network designs as you go—allowing you to take advantage of emerging technologies like CBRS, and other IoT evolutions.
- Deploy with confidence: We are not just an infrastructure provider. We work closely with technology companies, wireless carriers, municipal officials and businesses across a variety of industries to deploy all kinds of networks. We’ve worked with over 700 cities and utilities to deploy infrastructure and have CLEC status in 49 states and the District of Columbia. We’re a partner you can rely on to help you plan, build and deploy your network with confidence.
IoT devices connected globally by 2025.1
of industrial manufacturing companies are using or planning to use IoT.2
of municipalities foresee IoT having a significant impact for them.3
The service and reliability IoT systems need.
For IoT systems, success is dependent on constant, uninterrupted communication. In other words, downtime, congestion and coverage gaps are not acceptable compromises. We’ll work with you in any US market to coordinate the entire process, including site selection, construction and deployment—ensuring ubiquitous coverage and maximum network reliability. Once your network is online, all our network assets are monitored around the clock by our fully staffed, state-of-the-art Network Operations Center (NOC). Our knowledgeable, on-the-ground experts do regular walkthroughs and maintenance to preempt outages and proactively plan for disruptions like natural disasters. You’ll also rest easier knowing that your network is backed by the strength and resources of an S&P 500 company with approximately 5,000 employees around the country.
How we work with you.
For over 25 years, we’ve been working with customers to build end-to-end communications infrastructure solutions. We’ll work closely with your business to understand your needs and design custom solutions for your unique priorities and challenges. We know the opportunities that a well-designed and maintained network can bring to your organization. That’s why we monitor your network around the clock through our state-of-the-art Network Operations Center. And as you continue to pursue new possibilities, we’ll be here ready to connect you to the technologies and innovations you need to stay ahead.
Let’s talk about your connectivity needs.
Your business is unique—and so are your connectivity needs. With an individualized approach, we’ll show you how our infrastructure solutions will serve you today and prepare you for tomorrow.
1 IDC, “ Worldwide Global DataSphere IoT Device and Data Forecast, 2019-2023,” 2019
2 TechRepublic, "The Rise of Industrial IoT,",2019
3 Global City Teams Challenge, "The Municipal Internet of Things (IoT) Blueprint," 2019