As a manufacturer, you already generate more data than most companies. Monitoring and gathering that data, processing it and putting it to good use requires smart investments in network infrastructure. You need to connect every piece of the manufacturing process—from your expansive floor to your central network to every handoff point where goods are delivered. As the nation’s largest provider of shared communications infrastructure, we can provide comprehensive solutions that enable and enhance your networks in any environment—from in-building to outdoors and everything in between.
- Small cells: Small cells can be deployed both indoors and outdoors to provide wireless coverage to even the most hard-to-reach places.
- Fiber networks: The unmatched speed and capacity of fiber make it an ideal solution to support real-time interfaces, digital twins and other data-intensive applications.
- Towers: Part of the foundational infrastructure of 5G, towers will help drive tomorrow’s connected assembly lines and play an important role in the industrial internet of things.
small cells on air or under contract
route miles of fiber
New opportunity through connectivity.
Our infrastructure works together to support technologies like 5G and CBRS. This opens up many opportunities for you by giving you the critical connectivity you need to implement remote monitoring, automation, connected diagnostics and more.
- Increased productivity: By connecting your entire manufacturing line, you can maximize resources, predict machine failure, minimize downtime and enable your employees to do more with their time.
- Improved safety: Automated systems allow you to put fewer people on the floor, decreasing the opportunities for workplace accidents. And with more precise data collection and analysis, you get more precise maintenance alerts and better visibility into potential danger zones—allowing you to proactively respond to problems.
- Better precision and performance: With the right network in place, you can implement advanced AI (artificial intelligence) systems that learn and improve over time—leading to fewer defects and better products. Properly supported robotics can also be more efficient which allows you to redirect your human resources to more valuable positions like programming and machine maintenance.
- Future-proofing: All of our infrastructure is designed to keep pace with you as your networks and processes evolve. We’re at the forefront of new technologies like 5G, edge computing and Private LTE through CBRS—all of which will be critical as you move into the future of manufacturing.
digital factory connections projected by 2023.1
of manufacturers believe smart factory initiatives will be the main driver of competitiveness in the next five years.2
The expected size of the global industrial IoT market by 2025.3
Unparalleled reliability for your entire network.
To fully realize the benefits and efficiencies of IIoT and other connected manufacturing systems, you need to be able rely on the network that supports them. That’s where we come in. Our network assets are monitored around-the-clock by our fully staffed, state-of-the-art Network Operations Center (NOC). Our professional staff is empowered to respond to outages and dispatch local service teams as needed. We also proactively work to minimize even the most inevitable issues by performing regular maintenance on our infrastructure and making plans for things like natural disasters. Beyond this support, you can also rest easy knowing that all of your systems are backed by the resources and stability of an S&P 500 company with over 5,000 employees nationwide.
How we work with you.
For over 25 years, we’ve been working with customers to build end-to-end communications infrastructure solutions. We’ll work closely with your business to understand your needs and design custom solutions for your unique priorities and challenges. We know the opportunities that a well-designed and maintained network can bring to your organization. That’s why we monitor your network around the clock through our state-of-the-art Network Operations Center. And as you continue to pursue new possibilities, we’ll be here ready to connect you to the technologies and innovations you need to stay ahead.
Let’s talk about your connectivity needs.
Your business is unique—and so are your connectivity needs. With an individualized approach, we’ll show you how our infrastructure solutions will serve you today and prepare you for tomorrow.
1 ABI Research, “Digital Factory Data,” 2019
2 Deloitte, "2019 MAPI Smart Factory Study," 2019
3 Grand View Research, “Industrial Internet of Things 2019-2025,” 2019