No matter where your workforces are, they need to stay in contact. We will work with you to build a reliable, scalable network that keeps your first responders and other critical resources connected—from headquarters, to vehicles, to on foot. And as you move to implement a dedicated public safety broadband network like FirstNet, we can give you access to high-quality, optimally placed sites for your equipment, so you can get the most reliable, long-range coverage possible.
We know that all of these needs must be balanced with limited public or non-profit budgets. That’s why we are committed to understanding your organization and delivering flexible, reliable fiber and wireless solutions that meet your unique requirements. As the nation’s largest provider of shared communications infrastructure, we’re a one-stop provider for all the connections you need to keep your community safe.
New opportunities through connectivity.
By enabling more connected devices and internet of things (IoT) networks, we can help you manage your resources more effectively and better protect your first responders, so they can stay focused on saving lives. Here are just a few key benefits of improved connectivity.
- Improved effectiveness: Make smart, fast decisions by sharing information like vitals, medical history and more between your databases and on-the-ground operations.
- Enhanced data collection: Collect, process and share all the data generated every time you take action to keep citizens protected—efficiently and seamlessly.
- More targeted alerts: Provide location-specific alerts and emergency response plans to people through their mobile phones and other devices.
- Better resource management: Use advanced fleet and personnel management tools to keep track of where your first responders are and what they need to operate more efficiently.
- Improved first responder safety: Extend land mobile radio (LMR) networks and leverage other public monitoring systems so your teams have access to better real-time information.
- More actionable information: Provide rich, real-time data to paramedics and police—such as GPS locations and floor plans—so they are better prepared upon arrival.
lives could be saved each year if emergency response times are reduced by one minute.2
seconds reduced from response times in one police department thanks to a data integration platform.2
potential reduction in crime through smart city technology.3
The infrastructure for your critical systems.
- Towers: We have towers and shelter space in key locations that you can use to extend wireless connectivity and LMR networks.
- Small cells: Our nationwide network of fiber-connected small cells can support your connected IoT ecosystems and other data-intensive tools.
- Fiber: We can build a high-capacity network at your headquarters to support resource management systems, and to process the massive data sets you need to provide the most comprehensive care for your communities.
A partner for a safer future.
We’re only just beginning to see the opportunities that next generation communications technology will bring to public safety agencies. Drone networks are bringing live video to responders before they arrive, with AR-based tools helping safety personnel work in low-visibility conditions. Precision GPS is enhancing existing GPS networks by helping first responders know exactly where someone is—down to what floor they are on. And as 5G and CBRS become a reality, even more advanced capabilities will emerge.
Our infrastructure is a core piece of how these new technologies will come to life. We can help you move forward with confidence—knowing you have a long-term partner who can continue to provide solutions as technology continues to advance. Additionally, we know that your systems rely on many components from various providers that all have to work together. As a shared infrastructure provider, we can work with all your vendors’ systems and technologies—giving you the flexibility you need long-term.
Broadband Program Manager, State of Colorado
The use of existing infrastructure was really the crucial key to building this network. There was a lot of forethought put into it by the town leaders and Crown Castle to build it. By putting fiber to all of the nodes, it made it future-proof.
How we work with you.
For over 25 years, we’ve been working with customers to build end-to-end communications infrastructure solutions. We’ll work closely with your business to understand your needs and design custom solutions for your unique priorities and challenges. We know the opportunities that a well-designed and maintained network can bring to your organization. That’s why we monitor your network around the clock through our state-of-the-art Network Operations Center. And as you continue to pursue new possibilities, we’ll be here ready to connect you to the technologies and innovations you need to stay ahead.
Let’s talk about your connectivity needs.
Your organization is unique—and so are your connectivity needs. With an individualized approach, we’ll show you how our infrastructure solutions will serve you today and prepare you for tomorrow.
1 National Emergency Number Association, “9-1-1 Statistics,” 2018
2 Wall Street Journal, "911 Response Times Are Getting Faster Thanks to Data Integration," 2019
3 McKinsey Global Institute, “Smart Cities: Digital Solutions for a More Livable Future,” 2018