At a glance.
University of Mississippi (Ole Miss)Industry
24,000 studentsSolutions Used
Beyond satisfying needs of students and faculty in the classroom, Ole Miss was looking to support substantial growth and wireless demand for fans in two of the most highly trafficked areas—the Rebel football stadium and nearby tailgating spot called The Grove. They needed a solution that could:
- Preserve the beauty and history of the campus.
- Ensure the installation process did not interfere with stadium or arena usage during the football and basketball seasons.
- Several years ago, Crown Castle deployed a small cell network at the Rebel football stadium and The Grove.
- We expanded the existing infrastructure—adding indoor small cells to multiple campus buildings, including the business school and performing arts center.
- We also updated the system in the Rebel football stadium and added small cells to the new 9,500-seat Pavilion arena which hosts basketball and volleyball games, concerts and academic events.
- Additionally, we built a cell tower on the university grounds to offer greater coverage across the entire campus.
- The new tower and additional small cells will enable wireless carriers to provide reliable connectivity for students, faculty and visitors.
- Our multi-tenant small cells enabled us to add another wireless carrier to the existing network.
- To date, we have deployed 40 small cell nodes at the campus and as the university continues to grow, we will be a long-term partner—helping to ensure Ole Miss is ready for the future.
Let’s talk about your connectivity needs.
Your business is unique—and so are your connectivity needs. With an individualized approach, we’ll show you how our infrastructure solutions will serve you today and prepare you for tomorrow.