Crown Castle Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated entities (collectively, "Crown Castle", “us”, “our” or "we") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Privacy Statement (here in after, “Statement”).
This Statement describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access and use this website and related online applications, materials and resources (collectively, the "Website") or otherwise, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Statement applies to information we may collect:
- on this Website;
- in e-mail, text, and other communications between you and Crown Castle;
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website; or
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Statement.
This Statement does not apply to information collected:
- by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this Statement carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our practices, your choice is to not use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this Statement. This Statement may change from time to time (see Section 16 below). Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Statement periodically for updates. If you do not agree with any of these terms, please do not use the Website or submit any Personal Information (as defined in applicable laws).
What information do we collect?
We may collect several types of information from and about the users of our Website, including:
- information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal information or personally identifiable information under applicable law ("Personal Information");
- information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as profession, occupation or job title;
- information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details;
- details relating to the engagements or business relationship you have with us or which may be proposed, or which you have inquired about, together with any additional information necessary to engage with you, including responding to your inquiries;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- information you provide to us through our services, customer surveys or our representatives from time to time;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through use of our Website or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- other types of information referred to elsewhere in this Statement.
We may collect information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us, for example, when you request information from us, request an agreement regarding a wireless communications site, download material or correspond with us;
- from third parties such as your authorized agent or representatives of your company or via third party databases;
- from referrals from other individuals or companies;
- from other third parties, for example, our business partners; and
- from publicly available sources of information.
In certain instances, we may link or combine Personal Information, non-Personal Information and information you provide us through other sources (for example, at a trade show or seminar) inconnection with the use of such information.
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may be considered personal data in your jurisdiction, such as IP address and online identifiers (cookies) and some may be considered non-personal information.
If you do not want to use the remarketing feature from Google, you can disable it by changing the appropriate settings at http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
There is also a Google Analytics opt-out browser add on that you can download at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also engage other third-party data services that help us provide a more personalized experience on the Website. These third-party service providers may use a combination web beacons, tracking pixels, and/or cookies for purposes of providing personalized, account-based experiences on the Website.
How we may use your information
In addition to the purposes for collection set forth above, we may use the non-Personal information we may collect and any Personal Information that you provide to us:
- to verify your identity;
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to pre-fill online forms;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to communicate with you in the normal course of business dealings;
- to communicate and negotiate with you in relation to your property, or other agreements or assets;
- to assist you to receive or subscribe to our services;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to send you marketing and sales information or to contact you regarding product research;
- to send announcements, newsletters and updates regarding our business, products, services, special offers and other promotional information
- to maintain the smooth operation of our business, such as for billing, account maintenance and record keeping;
- to assist us with any internal investigations in relation to protection against fraud or unlawful activities or activities that have a potential to breach Crown Castle’s policies;
- as we deem necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety and personnel of Crown Castle and others;
- as required by law;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may use your information to contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please see below.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that you provide as described in this Statement:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, including, but not limited to third parties that provide advertising services on our behalf;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether a sa going concernor as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to third parties to market their products or services to you by delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, and/or advertisements;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Crown Castle, our customers or others, including, for example, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your choices regarding Personal Information you provide to us
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”). CPNI is information that relates to the type, quantity, destination, technical configuration, location, amount of use and related billing information of your telecommunications services. We may share your CPNI within Crown Castle or with trusted partners to provide you with information about our products and services, or to provide, restore or repair service to you. You can limit the sharing of your CPNI if you do not want us to use it to market services to you that are different than those you are currently receiving. Federal law governs our use and sharing of CPNI. For more information regarding CPNI, please contact CrownCastleCompliance@crowncastle.com for a copy of our CPNI Policy and Procedure.
Accessing and correcting your Personal Information
While Crown Castle seeks to ensure that information is collected and maintained accurately, inaccuracies may occur. Should you find incorrect Personal Information or wish to update your Personal Information, you may make changes online by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page or you may notify Crown Castle in writing at CrownCastleCompliance@crowncastle.com. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In some cases, we cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account.
Crown Castle does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and does not have actual knowledge about selling or sharing personal information of consumers under the age of 16. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact in writing at CrownCastleCompliance@crowncastle.com.
Security of your Personal Information
Crown Castle has implemented measures to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. These measures may include the use of certain technology to encrypt Personal Information. Crown Castle generally stores Personal Information on servers that are protected by firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in publicly accessible areas like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Facebook Lead Ads
Crown Castle occasionally runs lead ads on www.facebook.com, and follows Facebook’s Lead Ad Terms https://www.facebook.com/ads/leadgen/tos. Should a Facebook user click one of our ads and choose to submit their data to us (including, but not limited to, Personal Information), the user has willingly and expressively given us the right to contact them via phone and/or email, even if they are subscribed on the Do Not Call List. Participation in these Facebook Lead Ads and the forms generated by them are voluntary and you may choose whether or not to disclose information via this format. If you submit data (including, but not limited to, Personal Information) to us through one of our Facebook Lead Ads, such data will be governed by this Statement. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, we will not sell Facebook Lead Ad Data under any circumstances.
If you are a registered user
If you are a user accessing CCIsites™ (a platform for our customers to research and access information regarding our sites), we may ask you to register and/or provide information that personally identifies you for the purposes of interacting with CCIsites. If you choose not to disclose and register your Personal Information, you may not be able to use CCIsites effectively and may choose to research our facilities in an alternate manner, such as by contacting us via telephone.
If you contact us via telephone, you may also be asked to verify your identity for security reasons. Should you choose not to provide your Personal Information for verification, Crown Castle may not be able to assist you with your query.
If you are a property owner
If you are a property owner who wishes to obtain further information about Crown Castle’s operations or opportunities to transact with Crown Castle, you may submit your Personal Information through our Website or contact us directly by e-mail, mail or telephone to speak to a Crown Castle representative. Our ability to respond to your queries will depend on you disclosing Personal Information such as your name, return address, e-mail address or telephone number and details relating to your property.
Crown Castle may also use Personal Information obtained via a third party to contact you directly regarding the possibility of entering into an arrangement relating to your property. If you do not wish for your Personal Information to be used in this manner, please let us know and we will refrain from doing so.
If you are a member of the public
If you are a member of the public seeking to learn more about Crown Castle’s business and operations, you may submit your Personal Information, including your name and email address, through our Website via our “Contact Us” section. We collect your Personal Information to identify you and to revert to you with respect to any queries you may have or to provide you with any information you may seek. Should you choose not to provide us with your Personal Information for verification, Crown Castle may not be able to assist you with your query.
If you contact us with regard to employment opportunities
Crown Castle will from time to time advertise employment opportunities via publicly available websites and through employment agencies. In order to apply for employment at Crown Castle, you will be required to provide your Personal Information so we can verify your identity and suitability for employment. We may store your Personal Information in our system and contact you at a later date for future employment opportunities.
From time to time, Crown Castle may send out service-related announcements. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, Crown Castle may send our customers and property owners an e-mail notification.
While no data security system can fully protect personal information from unauthorized data breaches, Crown Castle has implemented reasonable safeguards and controls, consistent with its legal obligations under CA and other local, state and federal laws. Crown Castle is committed to: (i) seeking to safeguard all personal information that you provide to us; (ii) seeking to ensure that it remains confidential and secure; and (iii) taking all reasonable steps to ensure that personal privacy is respected. All our data is stored in written or electronic form on our servers and computers and in various physical locations. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure and loss or corruption by computer viruses and other sources of harm. We restrict access to personal information to those staff members, Crown Castle and third parties who need to know that information for the purposes identified in our notice(s).
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you. Once you are no longer an employee of Crown Castle, we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with Crown Castle’s record retention policies.
Data Protection Principles: We will comply with applicable data protection laws. Personal information we hold about you will be: (i) used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way; (ii) collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes; (iii) relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes; (iv) accurate and kept up to date; (v) kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and (vi) kept securely.
Change of Purpose: We will only use your personal information for the purposes we have disclosed in our notice(s). If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
The following rights with respect to your Personal Information are available to residents of California and certain other states where applicable:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, sold or shared about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom Crown Castle discloses personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information Crown Castle has collected about you.
- The right to correct inaccuracies in your personal information, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing.
- The right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you. If we grant your request to delete, we will also direct our service providers to whom we have provided your personal information to delete your Personal Information, as applicable.
- The right to opt-out of the selling or sharing of your personal information, which you can exercise as outlined below or by modifying your privacy preferences (e.g., Global Privacy Control), available through certain internet browsers and extensions, that signal your preference to opt out. Please note that clearing your cookies at any time will remove the signal of your selected privacy preferences.
- The right to limit the use of your sensitive personal information.
To submit any of the above requests, you may contact us at email@example.com or call us at 1-877-486-9377 (select option 8). You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. We will endeavor to honor such requests unless we are unable to verify your identity or such a request conflicts with certain lawful exemptions under California’s consumer privacy law. Please note that we are only required to honor requests to know twice in a 12-month period.
To ensure that the request is coming from you and to protect the security of your Personal Information, we may ask you to provide your email address, your telephone number, or a description of the product or service you purchased or inquired about, or other information we think would allow us to verify your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we will deny your request and inform you that we cannot verify your identify. We may also use a third-party verification provider to verify your identity. We will also ask for your relationship to Crown Castle and to specify the type of request you are making.
If you are requesting to delete sensitive information, you must provide us with us with all 3 of the following data points to verify your identity: your email address, your telephone number, and a description of the product or service you purchased or inquired about.
- identifiers such as a device or browser identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, IP address, online identifier, and other forms of persistent identifiers;
- commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories;
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or marketing; and
- inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences and behavior.
Crown Castle does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, as defined in applicable laws, for any purposes other than those permitted by applicable law.
Notice to overseas users
Your Personal Information may be stored on our servers in the United States of America. The data protection and other applicable laws of the United States or other countries may not be as comprehensive as the laws or regulations in your country or may otherwise differ from the data protection or consumer protection laws in your country. Your information may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and law applicable in such jurisdictions. By using the Website and/or providing personal information to us, you consent to transfer of your information to our facilities as described in this Statement.
Links to third-party websites
If any link is offered connecting to a third-party website, it is as a courtesy to the third party. Sites linked to and from our Website are not under the control of Crown Castle, and Crown Castle has no responsibility or liability for the content and privacy practices of any such linked site at any time. Links from our Website are not an endorsement of the site operator, related products or information to which our site may be linked. If you decide to access a third-party site linked to our Website, you do so at your own risk. Therefore, Crown Castle recommends that you review the individual privacy statement and terms and conditions of each website that you intend to use. CROWN CASTLE HERE BY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ANY INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES POSTED OR OFFERED AT ANY OF THE THIRD PARTY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE. NOR IS CROWN CASTLE LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED OR ADVERTISED AT THOSE WEBSITES.
Statement subject to change
Crown Castle may regularly review and update this Statement. Please note that this Statement is subject to change at any time without notice. Customers, property owners and other users are encouraged to check frequently for future updates. It is our process to post any changes we make to this Statement on this page. If we make any material changes to how we treat our users' Personal Information, we may notify you by email to the primary e-mail address specified in your account or through a notice on our Website homepage. The date this Statement was last revised is identified at the bottom of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date, active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Statement to check for any changes or updates.
Questions or comments
To ask questions or comment about this Statement and our privacy practices, contact us at:
Crown Castle USA Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
2000 Corporate Drive
Canonsburg, PA 15317
Phone: 1-877-486-9377 (select option 8)
Date of last revision: December 2, 2022
Copy right © 2022, Crown Castle Inc. All rights reserved.