The right communications infrastructure enables the types of environments that attract students and promote high-quality learning. Those who study and research at your institution expect quality internet in the classroom, throughout facilities and everywhere they learn, collaborate and socialize. Moreover, guidelines from the State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) and the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness in College and Careers (PARCC) are requiring districts to invest in fast, reliable data connections. As the nation’s largest provider of shared communications infrastructure, we are in a unique position to help you meet all of your connectivity needs. In addition, we are a certified E-rate provider that’s been building and maintaining fiber solutions for educators for 30 years. With this specialized expertise, including contract vehicles at the federal, state and local levels, and our unique portfolio of towers, small cells and fiber, we can help you develop innovative and flexible solutions for your growing data demands.
New opportunity through connectivity.
With the way students learn and new technology evolving rapidly, there are many challenges that must be addressed in order to succeed. Supporting modern classroom demands and preparing for the future will require careful planning and a comprehensive mix of infrastructure solutions, which will bring numerous benefits.
- Remote learning and new tools: Having a strong network can enable new and advanced learning tools such as video lectures, augmented/virtual reality teaching, online assessment and learning and connected classrooms.
- Flexibility and scalability: As we’ve seen from recent events, educators have to be ready to adapt quickly to changing circumstances. Our infrastructure will keep you on the cutting edge, and help you provide the best learning experience for all students, of all ages, in any environment.
- Budget savings: Our solutions are affordable, sustainable and can grow with you—so you don’t need to make costly or disruptive updates as budgets continue to be stretched and tightened.
- Privacy: With the constant concern of student safety and the growing rates of DDoS attacks on K-12 schools, we know safety is a top priority. We offer a number of solutions to help keep your students and data safe and secure.
Connecting school districts, colleges and universities for the future.
Our variety of flexible, reliable solutions can meet your data needs today, as well as prepare you for the future. We can position your network to take advantage of innovation-driving technologies—such as CBRS (Citizens’ Broadband Radio Service), augmented reality, and virtual reality—that will become critical to everyday education.
- Wireless networks: Increasingly, students use wireless devices to access textbooks, multi-media learning tools and collaborate with classmates. Parents expect to be able to reach their children at a moment’s notice while administrators rely on wireless networks to support their operations. For these reasons and more, reliable wireless connectivity in your school or on your campus is a must for everyone.
- Fiber networks: To keep up, schools and universities are expected to always be on the cutting edge. They need a fast and secure fiber network that lets them embrace advanced educational technologies while being flexible enough to embrace whatever comes next.
of American schools don’t meet the FCC’s short-term connectivity goal of 100Mbps per 1,000 users.1
of teachers believe technology-based tools have enhanced learning and teaching.2
of IT administrators said their colleges will need bandwidth improvements to carry out their growth plans.3
Stewart S. Assistant VP, Chief Network Officer, University of Miami
No other provider can do what Crown Castle is doing for us. They have the network footprint and the wherewithal to create a solution we can always rely on.
How we work with you.
For 30 years, we’ve been working with customers to implement communications infrastructure solutions. We’ll work closely with your business to understand your needs and design custom solutions for your unique priorities and challenges. We know the opportunities that a well-designed and maintained network can bring to your organization. That’s why we monitor your network around the clock through our state-of-the-art Network Operations Center. And as you continue to pursue new possibilities, we’ll be here ready to connect you to the technologies and innovations you need to stay ahead.
Let’s talk about your connectivity needs.
Your organization is unique—and so are your connectivity needs. With an individualized approach, we’ll show you how our infrastructure solutions will serve you today and prepare you for tomorrow.
1 FCC, “2018 Broadband Deployment Report,” 2018
2 MNU Professional & Graduate Studies, “Tech in the Classroom,” 2018
3 EdTech, “4 Strategies to Make Your Connected Campus a Success,” 2018