Nicasio's fiber optic network goes live

In 2016, the California Public Utilities Commission recommended Inyo Networks, a telecomunications company based in California, to help initiate a project to build Nicasio’s broadband service. The commission also granted to city $1.5 million, 60 percent of the total cost for the project, stating that Nicasio landowners had to raise the other 40 percent. Since then, over 50 percent of landowners contributed to the project, which has a scope of 220 customers. As the project has taken off, there are now 80 customers in Nicasio that have broadband service, and that number is expected to double by early spring. The Nicasio project is the first collaborative broadband project in the county, where nearly 4,000 locations had inadequate broadband connections in 2014.

Read full article here.

bar

{{pageResult.title}}

{{pageResult.content}}

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By continuing to use our site, you accept the use of cookies, and our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.